The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Demography
Reference number: 10306
The newly established Department of Demography, a subunit of the Faculty of Social Sciences, announces a vacant praedoc position within the team of Prof. Wolfgang Lutz.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- University degree (Diploma, MA)
- Experience in working with demographic data or texts
- Knowledge of basic demographic methods
- Ability to explain demography to beginners
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
|Special research fields ||Importance
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 22.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10306.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 10306