The Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital (IIASA, VID/ÖAW, WU) in collaboration with the Asian Demographic Research Institute (ADRI) is hosting the first Asian Summer School on how demographic trends and improving educational attainment impact on economic growth around the Asia region. This will also include discussions about the so-called first and second Demographic Dividends and on the role of human capital as a determinant of economic development. Leading international scholars from the US, Europe and Asia will give lectures providing overviews of the state of knowledge in these fields.
Participants in the summer school will typically be pre-docs or recent PhDs. Applications will be considered from around the world. The number of participants is limited to 20 and acceptance is highly competitive. A number of participants will receive bursaries for travel and living expenses in Shanghai (upon request). There is no tuition charge.
How to apply
- Pre-docs and recent PhDs and are invited to apply with a motivation letter (max. 1 page) and their CV.
- Two persons should be named who can potentially serve as referees.
- There are 20 places on the course. The main selection criterion is the quality of the application.
- The list of participants will be announced by 6 May 2017.
- Please send your application to Samir KC email@example.com or Yu Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org
- A number of participants will receive bursaries for travel and living expenses in Shanghai (upon request).
Summer School on "Demography, Human Capital and Economic Growth"
Dates: 19-23 June 2017
Location: Asian Demographic Research Institute (ADRI), Shanghai University
Application deadline: 24 March 2017
Contact: Samir KC email@example.com or Yu Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org