The Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America (PAA) provides a forum for demographers, sociologists, economists, public health professionals, and other individuals interested in research and education in the field of population. In 2017 the conference is taking place between 27-29 April in Chicago, USA. Researchers from the Wittgenstein Centre will present and discuss new research in presentations and poster sessions at this important event.
Wittgenstein Centre (IIASA, VID/ÖAW, WU) Presentation at PAA 2017 Booth.
Wittgenstein Centre contributions at the PAA
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Session 6: Estimation and Projection Methods, 8:30 AM-10:00 AM
Session 30: Fertility Decisions in Developed Countries: Matched Couple Data, 10:15 AM-11:45 AM
Poster Session P3: Data, Methods, and Professionalization, 12:45 PM-2:15 PM
Session 65: Population and Aging and the Demographic Dividend, 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
Session 77: Gender Equity and Fertility Decision-Making, 2:45 PM-4:15 PM
Session 87: Socioeconomic Determinants of Health Behaviors, 2:45 PM-4:15 PM
Session 92: Aging: Economics, Genomics and Equity, 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
Session 97: Fertility Change: Explaining the Unexpected, 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
Session 101: Global Perspectives on Health and Mortality, 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
Session 111: Segregation and Attitudes Around the World, 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
Friday, April 28, 2017
Session 124: Linking Spatial and Population Data III: Climate Change and Population Change, 8:30 AM-10:00 AM
Poster Session P6: Fertility, Family Planning, Sexual Behavior, and Reproductive Health 2, 8:15 AM-9:45 AM
Session 141: Dynamics of Internal Migration: A Global View, 10:15 AM-11:45 AM
Session 143: Forced Migration, 10:15 AM-11:45 AM
Session 154: Sustainable Development Goals and Demography, 10:15 AM-11:45 AM
Session 162: Contemporary Fertility Transitions, 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
Session 184: Fertility Intentions in Industrialized Settings: Causes and Consequences, 2:45 PM-4:15 PM
Poster Session P9: Children and Youth; Education, 2:45 PM-4:15 PM
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Session 217: Reproductive Health and Fertility: Research on Couples, 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
Poster Session P10: Health and Mortality 3, 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
Session 222: Couples' Reproductive Health and Fertility: International Perspectives, 10:45 AM-12:15 PM
Poster Session P11: Migration, Urbanization, Population, Development, and Environment, 11:00 AM-12:30 PM
Session 246: Methodological Innovations in Family Demography: Analytic Approaches, 12:30 PM-2:00 PM
- Wittgenstein Centre Data Explorer
- Demographic Data Sheets
- Abel G, Barakat B, KC S, & Lutz W (2016). Meeting the Sustainable Development Goals leads to lower world population growth. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 113 (50): 14294-14299. DOI:10.1073/pnas.1611386113.
- Ediev D, Sanderson W, & Scherbov S (2016). The Formal Demography of Prospective Age: The Relationship Between the Old-Age Dependency Ratio and the Prospective Old-Age Dependency Ratio. IIASA Working Paper. IIASA, Laxenburg, Austria: WP-16-024
- Ediev D (2016). Constrained mortality extrapolation to old age: An empirical assessment. IIASA Working Paper. IIASA, Laxenburg, Austria: WP-16-011
- Buber-Ennser I, Kohlenberger J, Rengs B, Al Zalak Z, Goujon A, Strießnig E, Potančoková M, Gisser R, et al. (2016). Human Capital, Values, and Attitudes of Persons Seeking Refuge in Austria in 2015. PLoS ONE 11 (9): e0163481. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0163481.
- Speringer M, Goujon A, KC S, Eder J, Potancokova M, Bauer R (2015) Validation of the Wittgenstein Centre Back-projections for Populations by Age, Sex, and Six Levels of Education from 2010 to 1970. IIASA Interim Report IR-15-008 (04 15).